Thursday 19 January 2012

NEW PROJECT - SOCIAL AWARENESS - Losing a Parent

NEW PROJECT - SOCIAL AWARENESS Our new uni project is basically about visually communicating something that means a lot to us through tonnes of research etc etc etc. After lengthy procrastination, I've decided to cover the issue of losing a parent and looking at ways of coping. It's quite controversial as I understand grief is a very personal subject to those who have suffered it's wrath. For me, this is quite an autobiographical subject and shall be delving into my own issues as a platform to work from. I've thought about this for months and it's a massive challenge for me, I feel like I'm taking a big brave step into understanding a lot of things for myself as well as trying to help others see losing a loved one in a different light - an 'as positive as can be' light. I want to basically put some sunshine into very dark areas. Take away the taboo and create something to make people smile. Not a poem...maybe a nice poem though...but not JUST a poem! Not a 'self help' preachy piece of literature. But something interactive, relatable and accessible. My main interest is in people around me, but I cannot tackle this until I assess my own view point. Bare with me, I'm planning on this project being a blinder, whether it is or not remains to be seen. I'll accept it for what it is, whether it turns out to be a failure or a complete success... I'll embrace it and hopefully others will see my good intentions. Fingers crossed! Lizzie x

No comments:

Post a Comment