Sunday 5 February 2012

Social Awareness sketchbook

So I've just finished quite a personal part of my sketchbook where I'm looking back at my own experiences for bereavement with losing my father to leukaemia. It's quite a hectic part of my sketchbook and I'm not sure how people are going to perceive it, which is sort of a mistake on my part. I may have opened up a little too much, but it's better than not doing so at all. 
At the moment I'm rounding things up to basically show that I am able to take all of this and now turn it into something positive and beneficial for others and show that I want this to become something that people talk about! 
Here are a couple of scans from my sketchbook...


I'm just letting a few visuals out of my head really. I need to start looking more into my target audience now and make this more focused on what my end result is going to be.

Ultimately I'd like to make a zine/press pack with a zine, much like the NHS Quit Kits you get for smoking etc, aimed at 14-16 year olds.

I struggle to explain in written terms what I'm trying to do so I have made video blogs about how I'm progressing, and also am glad I have an outlet on this blog to make sense of it all! I have a habit of driving myself slightly mad so I do need to splurge every now and then! 

If you'd like to see the video blog I can post it up but I'm tempted to leave it just for our tutors to see. But please leave me any feedback possible. Every little helps!

Thanks so much,

Lizzie x

No comments:

Post a Comment